Tuesday 2 July 2013

Antipasto

As a kid I loved fairy tales and 18 years later I'm still a sucker for them. Some would say I'm too much of a kid at times but the morals stories teach us are there for life. It's a genre that wont fade. 


I'm a Brighton girl at heart but by majority I was raised in London. Well...  Greater London. I can only deal with the hustle and bustle of the city in small increments. A Writer's Mess is going to include a collection of my own writings, from short stories to sarcastic reviews. I may also dabble a bit in some poetry. I don't try to limit myself to one type of genre either because lets face it we don't stick to one mood all the time so why should our writing be any different. 


Films are a great way to produce stories into a worldwide phenomena and they should be celebrated. My favourite writer happens to be a playwright - Arthur Miller - and I don't think many could say that his work would be the same if it was written as a novel. It is a common misconception to think that books are for the educated and movies are less meaningful. John Hughes wrote and directed The Breakfast Club leaving it as one of the most compelling and influential films of the 20th century. So I'll be including lots of updates of movies and plays I would recommend too. 


Ameera

No comments:

Post a Comment